Repost from @ania_75 @TopRankRepost #TopRankRepost Hello Yogis! I love going upside down and teaching all kind of inversions but my very favourite one is the forearm balance- Pincha Mayurasana. It's such a powerful and beautiful pose which opens and strengthens at the same time the shoulders and the the entire upper body without putting too much pressure on the cervical spine.
How to pincha mayurasana:
1. Grab the opposite elbows with you hands to measure the proper distance between the forearms.
2. Come into dolphin pose. You can place the palms on the ground or interlace the fingers and find more strength in your shoulder girdle.
3. Step as close as your can with your feet towards the elbows.
4. Lift and bend one leg up - I like to open up the hips like doing a puppy lift to shift the hips even further towards the shoulders. Try not to kick but go very slowly and with control up
5. Play around with open legs upside down, whatever feels good and stable here for you
6. Engage your core, press constantly the forearms into the ground, don't collapse in your shoulders, pull the legs together.
Breath and enjoy!
Wearing this awesome outfit by @aloyoga from the new summer line #aloyoga #beagoddess #Contrologiabrasil