How To Make a Latte Without an Espresso Machine ✨✨✨✨ Makes 1 drink✨✨✨✨ What You Need:
1. Espresso or strongly brewed coffee from an Aeropress
2. 2% or nonfat milk
3. Cocoa powder, to garnish
1. Wide, shallow coffee cup
2. Jar with lid
1. ✨Make your espresso or strongly brewed coffee: As mentioned in the notes above, any strongly brewed espresso from a home espresso maker or a capsule machine like a Nespresso will do. Or use strongly brewed coffee from an Aeropress, not diluted with any water. I usually start with about 1/3 cup espresso, but this is up to you.
2. ✨Froth the milk: Pour milk into the jar. Fill no more than halfway. Screw the lid on tightly, and shake the jar as hard as you can until the milk is frothy and has roughly doubled in volume, 30 to 60 seconds.
3. ✨Microwave the milk: Take the lid off the jar and microwave uncovered for 30 seconds. The foam will rise to the top of the milk and the heat from the microwave will help stabilize it.
4. ✨Pour warm milk into the espresso: Pour the espresso or coffee into a wide, shallow coffee cup. Use a large spoon to hold back the milk foam, and pour as much warm milk as you would like into the espresso.
5. ✨Add foam: Spoon as much milk foam as you would like onto your latte (or perhaps it's a cappuccino at this point!). Garnish, if desired, with a sprinkle of cocoa powder or nutmeg on top of the foam. Sip immediately!
1. ✨✨Flavoring the latte: If you want a sweetened or flavored latte, stir in some syrup with the warm milk, before adding the foam.
2. ✨✨Flavoring ideas: You can add a teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract, or a sweetened flavored syrup. Maple syrup is also delicious.
#RoastedWright #blackcoffee #espresso #specialtycoffee #melbournecoffee #brisbanecoffee #coffeesesh #sydneycoffee #coffeebean #coffeeculture #coffeegeek #coffeemachine #manmakecoffee #coffeeshots #coffeeporn #coffeeshop #coffeegeek #barista #cafelife #caffeine #coffeeaddict #coffeegram #coffeeoftheday #cotd#coffeelover #coffeeholic #coffeelove #coffeemug #coffeelife #latte