Mighty Vegan Meatballs by @wearesovegan 💛
Serves 3-4 people:
For the 'meatballs':
1 x 400 g tinned red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 red onion roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
35 g oats
30 g walnuts
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
small handful of fresh basil
For the sauce:
1/2 red onion sliced
1 carrot diced
120 ml vegan red wine
120 ml vegetable stock
300 g Tideford Organics Tomato & Basil Sauce
oil for frying
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper unless you’re using a non stick tray.
2. Add the meatball ingredients to a food processor and process the ingredients together until the mixture reaches a rough consistency, ensuring some larger pieces remain. It’s really important you avoid processing the ingredients for too long, otherwise the meatballs will turn into a mush!
3. Take roughly a tbsp of the mixture in your hand and roll it into a ball, then place it on the baking tray. Repeat until all the mixture has been used up and you’re left with 12 balls.
4. Transfer the baking tray to the oven and bake the balls for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by first adding a little oil to a frying pan on a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the red onion and fry for 3 minutes. Then add the carrot and fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Next, add the wine to the pan and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Then add the vegetable stock, Tideford Organics Tomato & Basil Sauce, and finally add the meatballs to the pan. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the sauce has started to thicken.
8. Remove the pan from the hob and serve. We recommend serving with mashed potato and a sprinkle of basil.
#VeganDishBook #VeganCommunity #VeganBranding #AraujoCesar #PlayItIsVegan #Apple #Vegan #VeganFoodie #VeganFoodShare #VeganFoodPorn #VeganFood #Love #Like #Fruits #PetBookCommunity #Apricot #Avocado #Banana #CrueltyFree #Cherry #Cowspiracy #Clementine #Figs #Grape #Guava #EatClean #EatTheRainbow #VeganForHealth #VeganForTheAnimals #VeganForThePlanet