Finally finished my first project with #fauxleather #rexine. It's apparently a trade name ("Rexine") but in India it's used to mean all pretend leather universally. I cannot pretend I enjoyed this project but I've learnt some things about working with the material and my #janomedreammaker120 #janome4120qdc. @usha_international
1. I can't use Fevicol as glue for two layers of this.
2. Felt and faux leather are impossible to #sew together without going out of whack.
3. I might do away with any #interfacing for my next attempt at using rexine.
4. Finally resorted to my walking foot and manually turning the wheel to get the top stitching done.
5. Apparently I can't cut anything with scissors without getting a jagged edge.
6. I had to modify the strap because my curves were cut so badly and the two layers of the strap didn't stick.
7. I forgot to add an elastic loop inside for a bottle.
#easyleatherhobobag by @sewsweetness wasn't very easy #sewing for me but the problems were all my own doing. I think I spent more time ripping seams than actually sewing them.