Roomba or Robot Vacuums // I love technology. Washing machines. Dryers. Irons. Microwaves. Press a button and go. How lucky are we?
The Roomba vac is becoming increasingly popular. Its small. Relatively quiet. Does its own thang.
I have seen a few homes with them this last year. It DOES make a huge difference for homes where small and large feet 👣 (including paws 🐾) like to bring the outdoors, indoors. How fun for you.
Robot vacs are perfect for:
- single level, large open floors plans. Esp dark floors that show EVERYTHING 😂
- if you always have little bits of dirt/grass on the floors 🍃
- if the house is usually empty during the day. Turn it on a head out! 👋
- pet hair! 🐾 This is where I have seen the biggest difference
- if you do monthly cleans. It keeps op top of the floors rather than REALLY needing a clean by week 4
- if you do fortnightly cleans. May mean you don't have to run a vacuum on the "off" week
- if you just hate vacuuming. Life is too short 🍸
Not great for:
- you can't be bothered picking up everything off the floor. The Roomba tends to get "stuck" on larger items (eg. toys, shoes) 👠
- if you have weekly cleans. Why? Because weekly cleans tend to need a mop as well. You may just find having a Roomba annoying/useless because your weekly schedule tends to keep everything looking okay
- if you prefer to have a proper vacuum + mop of your floors. The Roomba does not replace a detailed vacuum prior to mopping (although it helps) 👌
Also if you have pets that *may* 💩💩💩 inside the house (hey, it happens)... just know that the Roomba leaves no prisoners... 🎻