Today in my #slowcooker is a #southwestern bean soup. The #recipe is #kosher and #lowcarb -- visit my Instagram stories for images of each step, plus modifications as far as #vegetarian, #vegan, or #glutenfree. Here is the basic recipe here:
1. I soaked beans overnight (I actually used a mix of #chulent beans for this soup, but use what you love.)
2. Add those beans to #crockpot and add enough broth to cover beans. I used chicken, but veggie is fine too.
3. Add 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, as well as chop one link of kosher beef #chorizo (I like @jacksgourmet)
4. One can diced chillies, one packet taco seasoning, One tbsp. harissa, 2 bay leaves, 2 cloves garlic
5. Add a bunch of sliced, soaked leeks (Trader Joes also sells this frozen if you want to skip this step)
6. Put on low for six hours
7. Add greens. I did frozen chopped spinach, but any fresh greens even better. Collards amazing in this.
8. Like soup thicker? Create a roux now, one part olive oil, one part flour - one tbsp of each. Stir in and cook on HIGH for two final hours.
You are done! Sprinkle some fresh chopped #cilantro on just before serving.
Tip: This is another of my fave #freezermeals: You should get four tupperwares out of this batch to store for future meals. Great#budgetmeals