Chocolate Donut Baked Apple Pie with a Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust
Because grandmas not the only one baking pie
I left the skin on the apples for video, but peeling is preferred.
Ingredients: for CRUST
2 - pie crust / for quick and easy use refrigerated Pillsbury / or make from scratch
1 tablespoons - Flavorgod Chocolate Donut Seasoning
1 tablespoon - cinnamon
1 tablespoon - butter / melted
1 egg / beaten
Ingredients: for FILLING
7-8 cups - apples / sliced thin, peeled and cored / I left peel on for color
1 - stick butter / 8 tbsp butter
1/2 - lemon / juice
2 tablespoons - Flavorgod chocolate donut
3/4 cup - cane sugar / raw or brown sugar
Pinch of Flavorgod pink salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400*F.
2. On a lightly floured surface unroll pie crust.
3. Brush with 1 tbsp butter and than sprinkle Flavorgod chocolate donut and cinnamon evenly over entire pie crust.
4. Starting at one end, roll pie crust up tightly into 1-inch round long roll of dough. Cut into 1-inch round mini cinnamon rolls.
5. Place cinnamon rolls flat side down over a 9-inch glass pie pan, to create a pie crust. Cover bottom and sides of pie pan with rolls. Press firmly to fill all space of pan with flatten cinnamon rolls, leave no gaps. Next brush lightly with beaten egg.
6. In a large bowl combine for filling: sliced apples, Flavorgod donut seasoning, lemon juice, Flavorgod salt& pepper, sugar and butter. Mix well.
7. Place filling mix into pie pan.
8. Next cover pie with Lattice work.
9. Brush lattice work with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake for 15 minutes than reduce temp to 350*F and continue baking for 40 minutes, until apples are soft.
Apples I used a mix of: 1/2 Granny Smith and 1/2 honey crisp
Music📀💿📀💿Devil Eyes by hippie sabotage