Tag a friend to make this Chinese Sticky Rice, aka #mochirice - A perfect side dish for Thanksgiving!
2 Cups of sticky rice (Called Sweet rice or glutenous rice but there’s no gluten in it)
4 Shiitake mushrooms
1/4 cup dried shrimp
3 Chinese sausages
1 can chicken broth
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
1. Wash sticky rice with water & drain.
2. Add chicken broth to sticky rice & refrigerate overnight
3. Soak dried shrimp and mushrooms until soft
4. Cut mushroom, shrimp and Chinese sausage into small pieces
5. Steam sticky rice using a bamboo steamer for 45 minutes
6. Stir fry the mushroom, shrimp and sausage mixture
7. Add to the steamer for the flavors to marry
8. After 15 minutes, remove rice and mixture from the steamer and place in frying pan.
9. Add seasonings, chicken broth, and fry for about 10 minutes.
Serve with white pepper, cilantro, and green onion.
It’s up to you on how to chop the sausage, shrimp, and mushrooms. I like chopping it smaller so that you can enjoy a little bit of everything in one bite. Some prefer larger chunks or leaving the shrimp whole for better presentation.
When seasoning the rice, make sure you taste as you go. The Chinese sausage is kind of salty so be careful to not over season. ☺️ #thanksgivingrecipes #thanksgivingsides