Good Evening, All.
This last year I have been honored with two intense experiences, 1. The opportunity to mentor high school, college, medical and graduate students, as well as physicians in various stages of their careers; 2. while also being mentored by various dynamic minds, who have expanded my world view and opened my eyes to potentials beyond which I was aware....shout out to @drbonniemason @docswiner @manisaintvictormd @drjasminezapata @drvickibarbosa @tyrenewright
And in all of those experiences, I came away with so many jewels to begin your journey, but most importantly what you need to focus on and continue to imagine and nurture during your journey.
1. Ask for help.
2. Never strive to be The Only or The Smartest Person in the Room....There is no potential for growth or improvement in that circumstance.
3. Always Circle back to why you started the journey....then readjust your vision or actions, as needed
4. Always Always Always have a mentor. As Humans we are always evolving and refining....who better than someone who is exceeding in their goals to show you alternatives and new options for growth.
5. Embrace your failures and shortcomings, then learn from those experiences of humiliation, frustration, pain, guilt and disappointment....that's where the success and lessons are found.
6. SHARE what you know. Much like money, your can't take knowledge with you when you die. Tell folks and lighten their load....trust me, the knowledge that your experiences and heartache helped someone else, will make those pains less bitter and much more sweet
7. Most of all....Have fun and find the joy in what you do. If not, what's it all for???
If you have anymore pearls of wisdom, please SHARE them in the comments.
Have an AWESOME week!
#motivationmonday #monday #mondaymotivation #motivation #quotes #quoteoftheday #ChicksWithMDs #entrepreneur #entrepreneurlife #womeninsurgery #womeninmedicine #bossMD #PhysicianAndCEO #liftasyouclimb #mentor #sharetheknowledge #mentor #mentoring #bloggerMD