February 20th is:
📌National Cherry Pie Day
📌Love Your Pet Day (earlier post)
Clean Out Your Bookcase Day
National Handcuff Day
National Hoodie Hoo Day
National Student Volunteer Day
World Day of Social Justice
✔Did you know:
• In the 19th century, fruit pies were a common breakfast food eaten before the start of a long day.
• Cherry pie is the fifth popular pie in the US - beaten only by Apple, Pumpkin, Pecan and Banana Cream.
• In the UK, Oliver Cromwell banned the eating of pie in 1644, declaring it a pagan form of pleasure.
• At one time it was against the law to serve ice cream on cherry pie in Kansas.
• The wealthy English were known for their “Surprise Pies” in which live creatures would pop out when the pie was cut open.
📸:bakerella.com (Mini cherry pies)