Homecooked Thai style Khai Jiao/Omelette topped with prawns and sweet roasted pork meat.
Becos of setting up and photos taking, the crispy edge of the fluffy egg turned abit soft. My mistake ... which is supposed to serve right away•
( Thai style Khai Jiao method)
2 tbsp Knorr Golden Salted Egg powder
1 tsp Knorr Hoa Chi
2 tbsp of mayonnaise (learnt from Korean cooking)
Pinch of salt
Dash of pepper
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp white vinegar
3 large eggs
6 medium prawns, deshelled & deveined
50 gram char siew/ minced chicken
Some chopped spring onion
100 ml oil
1. Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
2. Toss in some chopped spring onion the whitish part. Sauté for few seconds.
3. Add in chopped prawns for 1 mins then add in char siew and season with some Knorr hao chi. Dish up, set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, add 2 tbsp of mayonnaise and 2 tbsp of Knorr Golden Salted Egg powder. Mix them well till salted egg powder dissolved.
5. Crack egg into the mixing bowl, pour in all seasoning corn flour, salt & pepper. Whisk till all well combined.
6. High heat, add 5 tbsp into a wok or non stick pan.
7. Make sure the oil is hot, pour from height to create a fluffy omelette ( I adapted the Thai style egg omelette making). 8. Let fry till the Omelette puff up, about 25 to 30 seconds, centre is abit set, immediately flip over. 20 second on the other side.
9. Dish up and garnish with the prawns and char siew. Garnish with some chopped spring onion and serve immediately. •
#eggs #omelette #homecook #ilovecooking #singaporehomecooks #knorr #saltedegggoodnessshc #prawns #charsiew #foodlover #asianfood #chinesefood #protein #dinner