@Cellucor has finally released a whey protein isolate, named Cellucor Iso Pro! And it's grass-fed whey isolate, with a new raw material named PRONATIV that's claiming 95% protein by weight and more leucine!! But...... https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/cellucor-iso-pro
The more we dig into this, the more questions we have:
1. The age-old debate of whether or not grass-fed whey proteins have any additional HEALTH benefits is still up in the air. If grass-fed beef's biggest benefit is a better fatty acid profile, but you're filtering out nearly all the fat anyway, should we care from a health standpoint?
2. This is a whey isolate saying to use 16-20oz water! That's either gonna be crazy thin, or... the best thickest whey isolate shake ever!
2a. PRONATIV claims 95% protein by weight, but the resultant product is ~77% protein by weight, on the low side compared to top-ranked whey isolates. So that could bring a great amount of thickener... but at that point have you squandered the benefits of PRONATIV?
3. Why in the hell are we still putting artificial colors in protein powders? Really? Is this necessary?
4. No traditional flavors?! We're most excited for the Fruity Cereal flavor!
5. Cholesterol "glance test" passes :P More on this soon, folks!
Overall, this one seems 'oddly unique' and we must review it. But we stand by our stance: if you're buying grass-fed whey isolate, you're doing it for the cows - as in the ethics of it all. But we are yet to see a true amino acid profile + hormone + pesticide comparison.
#Cellucor #GrassFed #IsoPro #GrassFedWhey #Whey #WheyProtein #WheyProteinIsolate #Protein #CellucorNation #GrassFedBeef