Cauliflower Jerky Mac
Healthified comfort food?! YES IT CAN HAPPEN. As everyone did, I grew up loving mac and cheese as a kid then throughout high school developed a passion for making homemade mac. Slowly the more educated I became in health and medicine the farther away I strayed from any sort of mac and cheese, homemade or not. Until I threw together this combo... 😍😊👋 Makes about 4 servings:
1 cauliflower head
1/2 c onion, sliced and diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 cup (8oz package) light cream cheese
1/4 c non fat cottage cheese
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1 package @thinkjerky siracha honey
1/4 c jalepanos (optional)
1 tbsp parsley
1. First steam cauliflower head (whole) in a medium stove top pot until the head breaks apart and pieces are soft enough to mash upon removal. Make sure to completely drain all water from the cauliflower- i even throw it back into the empty pot for a few minutes to be sure! You don't want soup!
2. While the cauliflower is steaming, heat up a sauce pan on high with the olive oil. Sauté onions and garlic until onions turn lightly browned and crisp.
3. Lower the temperature to a medium heat then add in cream cheese and cottage cheese. Stir consistently until well blended into a sauce texture with the onions and garlic. Add in black pepper and mustard.
4. Lower the heat again and allow the sauce to thicken.
5. Place the dried cauliflower (you can leave in pieces or heavily mash) then pour the sauce over.
6. Add jalepanos, jerky and parsley on top. Place in the oven to bake for 5-8 on 350 until slightly crisp!
7. DEVOUR WITH FRIENDS.