@Regrann from @holistichealth01 - TOP TEN REASONS TO AVOID #SOYMILK
Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Cane #Sugar, Sea Salt, #Carrageenan, #Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12.
1. #Soybeans contain large quantities of natural toxins or “antinutrients”. Drinking just two glasses of soy milk daily can significantly alter a woman’s menstrual cycle.
2. Soy has been found to increase the body’s need for vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
3. Soybeans also contain #haemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that causes your red blood cells to clump.
4. 99% of soy is #geneticallymodified. It contains one of the highest contamination by #pesticides of any of our #foods.
5. Soybeans and soy products contain high levels of #phyticacid, which inhibits assimilation of #calcium, #magnesium, #copper, #iron, and #zinc.
6. Soy foods contain high levels of toxic #aluminum, which negatively effects the nervous system the kidneys and has been linked to the onset of #Alzheimers.
7. Soy contains a compound resembling vitamin B12 that cannot be processed by your body. Thus, soy foods can contribute to #B12deficiency.
8. Fragile #soyproteins are exposed to high temperatures during processing in order to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein, making them dangerous for human digestion.
9. Soy contains toxic #isoflavones. The soy isoflavones genistein and daidzein can stimulate existing #breastcancer growth showing risk in consuming soy products if a woman has breast cancer. (Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep;35(9):118-21).
10. Soy contains plant #estrogens, called #phytoestrogens, which disrupt #endocrine function and lead to #infertility and breast cancer in #women.
Carrageenan in Soy Milk
Many scientific, peer-reviewed studies found that food-grade carrageenan can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, ulcerations, lesions and even colon cancer in laboratory animals. Additionally, recent studies funded by the #AmericanDiabetesAssociation have linked the consumption of food-grade carrageenan to insulin resistance and glucose intolerance in mice. #Regrann