#ad Happy #Saturday fam! In honour of #SaturdaySalad I’m sharing my Kale Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken recipe 🥗 I guarantee this recipe will quickly take a spot in your weekly rotation - it’s super light, packed with flavour, and insanely easy to throw together 💪🏼 Fresh grated Canadian #Parmesan seals the deal on this dish & proves just how diverse #CanadianCheese really is - just like the people who live here! 🇨🇦*Starts singing Oh, Canada* 😂 Check out the recipe below👇🏼💕 #Cleaneatz @DairyFarmersOfCanada
Ingredients: •Juice of 1 lemon
•1 large pasteurized egg yolk
•1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
•1 teaspoon anchovy paste or reduced-sodium soy sauce
•1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
•3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
•¼ cup grated Canadian Parmesan cheese (for dressing)
•2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halved (about 6 oz/185 g each)
•2-3 cups chopped fresh kale
•1 cup chopped radicchio •¼ cup shaved Canadian Parmesan cheese (for salad topping)
•Toasted pine nuts (optional)
•Lemon wedges for serving 🥗
1. Make the Caesar dressing. In a jar, combine the lemon juice, egg yolk, mustard, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Cover and shake until well combined. Add the grated Parmesan and shake again.
2. Flatten your chicken breasts using a meat tenderizer to make them about 1/2 an inch thick. Brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and grill on each side around 4-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes, before slicing into strips.
4. In a large bowl, toss the kale with the Caesar dressing until the leaves are slightly softened- massage with hands if easier - about 1 minute. Add the radicchio and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan.
5. Plate the salad, and add the grilled chicken on top. Grind fresh pepper on top, and a squeeze of lemon. #thenewhealthy