Our organic cacao powder, also known as cocoa powder, is made from the finest cacao beans and has a decadent and full-bodied chocolate flavor. Enjoy unsweetened cacao powder in hot chocolate, smoothies, and brownies, or top your dessert with an elegant dusting of this fine powder. The savory chocolate taste will take you to chocolate heaven; cacao's health benefits are just the cherry on the top.
2 Ripe Bananas (the riper the better)
1/2 Cup Superfood Sanctuary Chia Seeds
2 Cups Milk of Your Choice
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1-2 Tbsp Sweetener of Your Choice, optional (I use raw honey)
1 Tbsp Superfood Sanctuary Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp Superfood Santuary Cacao Nibs
1) Peel one of the bananas and place it in a bowl with the Superfood Sanctuary chia seeds. Mash together with a fork until they are well combined. You will end up with a mushy banana, chia seed paste.
2) Add vanilla extract and milk. Mix together until incorporated and lumps are gone.
3) Now we need to divide the chia seed mixture in half. Separate, then cover one and place it in the fridge.
4) To the other half, add the sweetener (if using) and Superfood Sanctuary cacao powder. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5) When ready to assemble the parfait, fill the bottom third with Superfood Sanctuary cacao chia, the second third with vanilla chia (place banana slices against glass), and then the cacao again. Add more banana slices and Superfood Sanctuary cacao nibs to the top.