Because of sickness & tons of meds chickpea has been wearing more disposables lately. Things are a little better for her health wise so we're back to our cloth diapering days & I seriously missed it so much. I'll eventually blog & possibly vlog about our cloth diapering journey on @lionheartmamas but here's a few short reasons why I'm happy to ditch disposables again:
1. Blow outs! Disposables don't come close to containing poop like cloth does. She had a bad one in her cloth yesterday with no leakage. Last week those disposables had it going all up her back 😨
2. Rashes: She had way more irritation in her disposables than she does in her cloth. Might it be the chemicals?
3. Cost: Buying all those disposables over the last month felt like we were literally throwing money away. Plus we never run out of cloth & have to make midnight runs to the store like we did disposables 😷
4. Environmental impact : Our garbage cans were sky high in diapers over the last month. Guess where all those diapers go & how long they take to decompose? 250-500 years, I 💩 you not!
5. Easier potty training: I thought this one was a myth but we started potty training this week & little miss fluff butt is a pro at this. I firmly believe it's because she likes the dry feeling that she gets in the cloth. 🚽
Cloth doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. I do it when its convenient but it's been one of the best decisions I've made with her. There are so many benefits plus no one can deny the cuteness factor 💗 We can't wait to get back into our @cooperrosebaby diapers 🤗♥️ #clothdiapersforthewin