Finished my second item for #summerofbasics. I was going to make the true bias Sutton top but as I had #newlook6217 in my collection, I made that instead. Made a wearable toile in some floral viscose from #holmsown (was supposed to be making a simplicity 1366 but accidentally didn't buy enough fabric!). The first version was cut according to my measurements but is pretty roomy so my second one, made in ivory crepe from #sewoverit was made in a 12 and is still pretty loose. The culottes are a second pair of #b6178 but less successful than my first pair. Just before going pop and dying, the iron left a mark on the front leg which so far proves resistant to all stain removers. Then I somehow messed up one of the pockets which is now bulky and lumpy. Still don't know what I did wrong as these are an easy sew. I'm definitely wearing them though, despite the less than perfect end result!
#isewmyownclothes #imakemyownclothes #handmadewardrobe #sewcialists #summerofbasics #newlook6217 #b6178 #butterick6178 #culottes