@riverparknyc is not a place you stumble upon, unfortunately - but probably that’s actually a good thing.
@tomcolicchio s excellent farm to table restaurant is nestled in the Alexandria Center for Life Science complex on 29th btw 1st Ave and the FDR Dr. Hence, unless you’re a Colicchio fan, an extreme foodie, or somehow linked to Alexandria (as in my case, thank you #thehairysicilian ), you’re not very likely to get close to Riverpark.
As a result, the generous and beautifully designed dining room with view on the East river is not overly crowded and great to have a conversation.
The food has been constantly fabulous, really fresh - they even have a little plot in front of the restaurant. We had and loved:
• Buffalo’s Milk Burrata, mostarda pears, shallots, ruby streaks, pistachio, ginger snap tuiles - the burrata was one of the creamiest and most fresh tasting ones I ever had!
• Zucca, Pumpkin Ragu, Delicata Squash, Spiced Pumpkin Seeds, Brown Butter Ricotta - a fantastic dish! .
• Baby Lettuces & Chicory, cauliflower, radish, squash, baby carrots, garlic croutons, champagne vinaigrette
• Whole roasted Dorade, cauliflower, grilled leeks, almonds, romesco, white anchovies
• Braised short ribs, heirloom carrots, cipollini onions, mustard greens, smoked barley - very good and very comforting..
• Pecan pie and ice cream for dessert, it’s worth to leave room!