15 MINUTE VEGAN RAGU
Overview: Makes: 3/Cost: £0.79/ Effort level: Easy/ Cook Time: 15M
3 white onions
3 garlic cloves
½ tbsp of coconut oil
125ml plant-based milk
300ml vegetable stock
2 cans of chickpeas
100g of kale
1.5 tsp of sage
1 tsp of thyme
1tsp of rosemary
1. Gently fry the chopped mushrooms and onion in the coconut oil on a medium heat for around 5-6M.
2. Add the sage, thyme, rosemary and garlic and cover with a lid.
3. Once the mushrooms have browned and the onions are translucent, add the stock into the pan and simmer.
4. Drain the chickpeas and add them to the mix, along with the kale too.
5. Once the stock has reduced nicely, turn down the heat and add the milk. A high heat will cause curdling!
6. Season with salt, lots of pepper and a squeeze of lemon!
Such an easy, quick and healthy meal to have when you’re in a rush! I eat one portion and then meal prep the other two. Suitable for vegans xox