How many stop at Dunkin Donuts, Wawa, or McD’s for a breakfast sandwich?
What if I told you that you could easily make a better tasting healthier one?
Make a healthier breakfast sandwich with a whole wheat English muffin and eggs scrambled with roasted red peppers and fresh basil! 😋
Total Time: 10 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Yield: 1 serving
⭐️1 large egg
⭐️2 large egg whites
⭐️1 Tbsp. low-fat milk
⭐️Nonstick cooking spray
⭐️2 Tbsp. chopped roasted red bell pepper
⭐️2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
⭐️Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
⭐️1 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese (½ oz)
⭐️1 whole wheat English muffin, split, toasted
1. Combine egg, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Heat small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-low heat.
3. Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add roasted red bell pepper and basil. Season with pepper if desired; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until set.
5. Top muffin half with cheese, eggs, and second muffin half. **Courtesy of the B.B. Blog