💕The Course of Love Beetroot Pie:
500 g beetroot
2 1/2 dl (1 cup) double cream
1 clove of garlic
200 g chèvre
Salt, pepper, oregano
1 pack of filo pastry
1 tablespoon melted butter
1. Prepare a pot of boiling water.
2. Wash and scrub any dirt off the beetroot. Cut off the stem and tail ends and peel them before cutting them into halfs.
3. Once the water is boiling, carefully add the beetroot. Boil for 20 to 30 minutes. Leave the lid off while you're boiling the beetroot. Once the beetroot is tender, drain the hot water and run cold water over it.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
2. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl, add the double cream, grated garlic and season with salt, a pinch of black pepper and a couple of pinches of dried oregano. Mix well. Crumble in the chèvre.
3. Layer 4 to 6 of the thin filo sheets into a loose-bottomed round baking tin, each overlapping onto the next and with the sides hanging over the edge. Brushing melted butter over the pastry between each layer.
4. Pour in the egg and cheese mixture and spread out evenly. Sprinkle over the finely chopped scallion and spread out the beetroots evenly.
5. Put the pan in the oven and bake the pie for about 40-45 minutes.
6. Take the pie from the oven and let it cool.
7. Decorate with twigs of rosemary and chopped walnuts if desired. Delicious served with a fresh seasonal salad.
#bokklubbenester #estercooks #estersfavouritedishes #recipeshare #bookclubrecipes #recepttips #beetroot #rödbetor #alaindebotton #thecourseoflove #kärlekensväg