As some of you know, when I was in high school I had the honour of having my 1st job working part time in a video store (VideoEzy because Blockbuster was lame). To this day, this was one of the greatest times in my life where my love my movies truly grew stronger. We didn't just watch movies all day long (as many customers claimed) but we would always talk to customers about films and even question what they thought as they returned a film. Customers were excited about visiting the store because it felt like "another world" on a Friday night. Other random facts you didn't ask for:
* If you didn't rewind you VHS tapes, not only did it annoy me and then next customer, we would rewind the tape to make sure the next customer had a great experience and avoided movie spoilers (You're welcome).
* If you made your verbal password the word "PASSWORD", you were not clever nor wise.
* Films that had the most hype and had high reserve demand included Saving Private Ryan, Scream 2 & Austin Powers 2.
* I once dressed up as Austin Powers and Luke Skywalker to promote the new films, and got paid for it! Truth is, I would have done it for free lol
* Movies that people would rent and never return include Friday, Raw (Eddie Murphy) & Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood (Yes that's a real movie title!)
* When DVD rentals arrived, some the 1st films to hit the shelfs included Seven, Few Good Men & Jumanji!
#moviereview #cinephile #bluray #cinephilecommunity #filmcritique #finessemoviereviews #movielover #moviecritic #filmcritic #moviebuff #filmbuff #filmlover #filmreviews #film #moviereviews #reviews #filmreview #nowshowing #movies #cinema #videoshop #vhs #videoezy #blockbuster #dvd #dvdrentals #bluray