another early morning meal which didn't make the final edit for my upcoming exhibition "full english breakfast"
let's work our way through this highly controversial snack by starting with the bacon... perhaps the only participant at this event who escapes criticism.
1. bacon. perfect.
2. fried bread with the crust cut off.
why ? did i have the appearance of a diner inexperienced in the art of crust removal ?
i don't know how i feel about this. slightly insulted perhaps, but then again it did give the fried bread the appearance of the opening credits of dad's army... so that was a bonus.
3. one sausage. oh dear.
4. poached eggs. how do you stand on poached eggs ?
( insert punchline here )
are poached or indeed their simpleton family member "scrambled" acceptable as part of a proper full english ?
5. hash brown. unwelcome american guest or a much loved breakfast visitor from the other side of the pond ?
6. black pudding. once again, pre-cut in the kitchen into a rectangular block. i'd say the size of those blocks kids have before they're old enough for lego™
7. baked beans in a ramekin.
this is like playing god™ with a full english breakfast. surely half the fun is watching the chaos as nature takes its course with the never ending battle between bean juice and egg yolk ?
i won't lie, this breakfast tasted amazing and i think it has a certain look.
#fullenglishbreakfast #makinganexhibitionofmyself #biginjapan #breakfastofchampions #fullenglish #bacontears #sausageparty #byanybeansnecessary #poachedeggs #blackpuddingisthenewblack #hashbrown #texturelikesun #coffee #shibuya #tokyo #onlyinjapan #japan #aboutlifecoffeebrewers #friedbread #readersknives #whodoyouthinkyouarekiddingmisterbreakfast #whenwewereramekins #chaostheory