My brother got married this weekend and I officiated! It was a beautiful day. Of course, Sultan negotiated with the powers that be and arranged for perfect weather, as he always seems to do.
I'm so thankful for his loving, wonderful, and supportive family of friends, and happy that he finally has someone to file taxes with.
1. My brother fixed my hoop skirt because he's worn them before and this was my first time.
2. The library was open, but rather than reading people I schooled a bunch of queens on history, politics, math, science, and Jewish wedding traditions. (Photo credit: Danny Robert)
3. I was proud of myself for both making it through doorways and managing to sit down in the hoop skirt.
4. I snacked on some candy coated donuts while looking like a big piece of chocolate candy.
5. Couldn't have my shoes hiding all night, and that dress was a bit much in the grass, so I switched back into my sweats. I decided it was ok because the heels elevated the look.
6. Snapped a selfie with my partner, the unsuccessful dog wrangler, but also the unsung-ring-finding hero.
7. Rode a school bus for the first time in a very very long time.
8. Sat on a floor and signed a piece of paper, giving my brother a new husband and myself a new brother.
9. Found a new sign case for the #MUTCDPolice.
10. Finally got Blanche to be nice to me once during the entire weekend.
#wedding #married #brother #family #dcwedding #blackjoy #blackgirlmagic #loveislove #pride