Grill up these ribs for real Southern-style taste.
Micro-Grilled Pork Ribs
1 Tbsp. packed Light Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Roasted Cumin
½ tsp. Wellsley Farms Tellicherry Black Peppercorn
Pinch Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
1 tsp. Natural Table Salt
3 lb. St. Louis-style Pork Spare Ribs
⅓ cup water
½ cup BBQ Sauce
1. Light charcoal. 2. Blend brown sugar, cumin, salt and peppers in a small bowl.
3. While grill heats, rub ribs with mixture; arrange in single layer in 13 x 9 microwave-safe baking dish. Pour water over ribs.
4. Cover dish with plastic wrap and microwave at 70% power for 15 minutes*, rotating dish and rearrange ribs after 7 minutes.
5. Once briquettes are medium-hot, pile them on one side of grill, then arrange ribs on grate on the opposite side.
6. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5, until ribs are browned and cooked through. Begin basting with barbecue sauce after first turn. Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
*Cooked in a 700-W microwave oven. Adjust cooking time for different wattage microwaves.