I FINISHED MY LAST EXAM OF GRAD SCHOOL!! 🎉🎉🎉 Tonight I celebrated completing my last exam of grad school with this yummy dinner of rock fish, artichoke pistachio pesto, garlicky smashed potatoes, asparagus & a side salad with cucumber, dried cranberries & tomatoes!! I still have my thesis to do but I could not be more excited to be finished with exams!! 🎉🤗🙌🏽 I also had the opportunity to go to a @bodypumpofficial class and finished up my BBG strength training workouts, too! Today was a GOOD day! Did you break a sweat and eat a yummy meal today?
Here are the recipes for the potatoes & pesto from the Purely Elizabeth Cookbook! Enjoy! #cookingwithkatiebd
Artichoke Pistachio Pesto:
* ¼ cup unsalted pistachios
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 cup basil
* 1 cup artichoke hearts (canned, rinsed and drained)
* ½ lemon, juiced
* ¼ cup olive oil
* Himalayan sea salt, to taste
Add all ingredients into food processor & blend until desired consistency or smooth!
GARLICKY SMASHED POTATOES
Ingredients: * 2 large red bliss potatoes
* Himalayan sea salt
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 tbsp basil, chopped
* 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
3. Add a pinch of salt and cleaned potatoes. Let potatoes cook for 20 minutes.
4. When potatoes are done, drain water and let cool. Cut in quarters lengthwise and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Smash potatoes and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
6. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, place in bowl and toss with garlic, basil, 1 tbsp olive oil, and Parmesan cheese (optional). Serve immediately!