Zucchini Stuffed Chicken Enchiladas
12 oz Roasted Chicken
4 oz Cheese, cheddar, reduced fat, shredded
4 medium (196 grams) Raw Zucchini, medium
1 cup Raw Peppers, Red
3/4 cup Raw Scallions
1/4 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce
1 tsp Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
3 tsp Garlic
2/3 cup Chicken Broth
10 sprays Non-stick Cooking Spray
1/4 tsp Oregano, ground
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
5 tbsp Cilantro
1 tsp Cumin, ground
1. In a medium sauce pan, spray with oil and saute 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
2. Add chopped chipotle chilies, tomato sauce, cumin, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp chili powder.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Dice the scallions and bell pepper into small pieces. Mince the remaining garlic.
6. Cut zucchini in half lenghtwise. Using a small spoon or melon baller scoop out flesh leaving 1/4" thick. Chop the scooped out flesh into small pieces and set aside.
7. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
8. Drop the zucchini halves in the boiling water. Cook 1 minute, then remove.
9. Heat a large saute pan and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Add a 1/2 cup of scallions, 1 tsp garlic and bell pepper. Cook on medium to low heat for 2-3 minutes or until scallions are soft and tender.
10. Add chopped zucchini flesh and 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes.
11. Shred the already prepared chicken into small pieces with a fork.
12. Add oregano, 1/4 tsp chili powder, water and tomato paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
13. Add the shredded chicken. Mix and cook 3 additional minutes.
14. Place 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish. Then place the zucchini halves cut side up.
15. Using a spoon, fill each hallowed zucchini with 1/3 cup chicken mixture, pressing firmly.
#zucchini #stuffed #chicken #enchiladas #mexican #losingweight #healthychoices #notaquickfix #notadiet #lifelongtransformation #journey #bettertogether #healthyhabits #community #feelbetter #moreenergy #lifestyle #lrchealth #beingaware #goals #healthyfinances #mindset