How to do WILD THING ⚡️ Camatkarasana 🕉 Not only is this a fun pose to do, but when done correctly it strengthens the muscles around the shoulder, as well as the muscular stabilizers of the wrist and elbow, and helps teach balance. Plus it has a slight backbend, and will help open up the front body.
• Muscles around the shoulder draw slightly away from the side body and externally rotated to help stabilize the head of the humerus in the shoulder socket.
• Shoulders draw away from the neck (with the help of the lower portion of the traps) and opens the chest. • Balancing arm is straight and strong with the help of the triceps
• Core stays engaged to balance the arch in the back
• Outer glutes work to lift the hips, as the foot with the straight leg presses into the floor, stabilizing and lifting the lower half of the pose. • Quads are active, straightening the knee
• Try not to depend on the leg that's bent behind because you want to work your way up to floating that back leg 😊💪🏽.
• When done correctly, there is a nice arched line from the heel of the grounded leg up to the fingertips of the reaching arm. -
• There is no rooting or rising. The pose is heavy because the shoulder muscles, glutes, outer hips, quads, abs, and back muscles are not working to press into the ground and lift the body. -
Take your practice to the next level with my online courses! Go to 👉🏽👉🏽 courses.ActionJacquelyn.com -