Vegetarian bean and mushroom stew w/ dumplings.
I already posted a pic of my chicken and dumplings recipe (see a couple weeks back) so here's my vegetarian version. I made this dish again because I had leftover chicken and biscuits in the freezer... so this is an easy meal to throw together for dinner. My vegetarian version includes white beans.. I accidentally opened a can of chickpeas tonight 😑 so you are looking at a mix of chickpeas and white beans.
1) sautée onions, carrots, garlic, celery, mushrooms in a pan.
2) add 1 can vegetarian cream of mushroom soup.
3) add 2 cans of white beans liquid and all. (You can add additional veggies at this tim if you like.. I added cauliflower)
4) add 3 cups of water, salt pepper rosemary
5) bring to a simmer, add 1 cup of heavy cream, place biscuits in top of stew. Cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Cook 30 minutes.
#vegetarian #beanstew #vegetarianbeandanddumplings #frugalliving