So this month at church we have been discussing on giving. This topic is one very sensitive one amongst Christians and even the community at large. And then few days ago someone dear to me listened to a message in church on "giving" and thought of me and how I was a "Giver". Now little me gives the best I can but the fact that someone thought of me as a gifted giver is proof that God works in people's lives. I have grown over the years and though I'm not at the peak I only see this as proof that God is moulding and shaping me. So this evening the message at church was "Truths about giving" so I'm just going to share a few points because there's blessing in giving. Trust me I know, I've experienced God
1. You always have something to give because God never leaves anyone empty . Be useful to someone and give something to someone. It doesn't have to be money. It could be your time, words of encouragement. When you can't think behind yourself then you are self centred
2. The little you have can do much. Read the story of the feeding of 5000 in the bible (who would have thought) all the little boy had to do was keep his lunch and not think of the crowd.When God nudges you to do something please do it.
3.Giving leads to blessings and don't get so blessed that poor people irritate you.Let someone go to sleep happy they met you.
4. Stinginess is a result of fear. People don't give because they fear if they give what they have they will lack. Proverbs 11.24
5. Whatever you cannot give is a master to you and a potential weak point. Don't idolize things. We are to love people and use things. Not love things and use people.
6. You move up through giving. Joseph gave what he had and became the number 2 man in Egypt
7. All giving is to God. We should be careful how we act towards the seed we have sown. Watch your heart and everything surrounding what you are giving .Keep your eye on God.
I hope the above message blesses someone like I was. #freespirit #grace #favor #christlike #proverbs #beagiver #giversneverlack #lagos #graceforsuccess