💜Blueberry & Baobab Oat Squares💜 -
Good morning and happy Saturday! I'm coming to you on this bright and beautiful day with my latest sweet treat - this three layered blueberry and baobab oat squares. -
Bottom layer ingredients: 2 cups of jumbo oats, 1 heaped tbsp flax seeds, 1 heaped tbsp baobab powder @adunaworld , 1tbsp cinnamon 1/2 a tsp nutmeg, 1/2 a cup of plant-based milk (i use @rudehealth almond milk), 2tbsp maple syrup. -
Blueberry layer ingredients: 200g fresh blueberries, 1tsp vanilla, 1/2 a tbsp maple syrup, 1tsp rice or buckwheat flour, 3tbsp water. -
Top layer ingredients: 1 cup of jumbo oats, 1tbsp maple syrup, 1tbsp maple syrup, 1tsp cinnamon, sprinkle of coconut sugar. + coconut oil for greasing the baking tin. -
METHOD⭐️: 1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line your baking tray with coconut oil.
2) First make the bottom layer by combining all ingredients in a bowl and line into your baking tray. Press down firmly.
3) Pop your bottom layer into the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
4) While this is baking, make your blueberry layer by popping all ingredients (except for the flour) into a saucepan on a low-medium heat. Stir until the blueberries burst and a compote forms. This should take about 10 minutes. After 8 minutes I usually add 1tsp to thicken the mixture. Set this to one side to cool.
5) Next make the top layer by mixing all ingredients in a bowl except for the coconut sugar.
6) After your bottom layer has baked assemble your middle layer and topping. Sprinkle on some coconut sugar & then pop back into the oven for a further 15 minutes to allow your top layer to crisp😊
7) Once baked leave to cool and then pop in the fridge to set. Allow at least one hour to set and then cut into portions, serve & enjoy😊💚 -
Perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of tea or with fruit & yoghurt for breakfast😃 You're welcome, ENJOY💜 Now pack up these treats and get outside to enjoy the amazing weather in London!!☀️💃🏻