Alright kids, we've got an exciting bread for you to bake today. These Piggy Breads ought to add some fun to your baking during the summer vacation!
Piggy Bread (Makes 2 Piggies)
Flour - 125gm
Yeast - 4gm
Castor Sugar - 9gm
Butter - 12gm
Egg - 15gm
Salt - 3gm
Water - 60Ml
• Knead the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
• Add water and start kneading the dough to bring it together.
• Add the egg and continue kneading.
• When the dough is almost done, add the butter and finish kneading till you have a soft dough.
• Roll the dough out till it is half an inch thick.
• Shape the dough into piggy faces and noses using round cutters like shown in the video.
• Use a knife and make slits for ears.
• Brush a little egg wash on the piggy face to stick the ears and nose. • Stick the nose and place peppercorns for the piggy’s eyes.
• Leave to prove! • Pre-heat the oven to 200 Deg C.
• Once proved, bake for 12 – 15mins till the tops are golden brown.
• Let the bread cool completely before serving with your favorite accompaniment!
#piggy #bread #recipes #bangaloreculinaryacademy #cityandguilds #culinaryarts #pastryart #cheflife #chefintraining