Just in time for Thanksgiving!
Indulge in buttery baked apples with this healthier option that’s sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. AND thanks to the apples, you’ll get a full serving of fruit too!
Slow Cooker Baked Apples
Total Time: 2 hrs. 25 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 2 hrs.
Yield: 5 servings, 1 apple each
5 medium Cortland (or Honey Crisp, Macintosh or Mutsu) apples
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 tbsp. organic grass-fed butter, (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
¾ cup water
1. Core apples using an apple corer (or sharp knife).
2. Add water to a 3-quart slow cooker and carefully place apples in slow cooker so that they are standing upright.
3. Combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and butter in a small bowl; mix with a fork until crumbly.
4. Fill apples evenly with oat mixture.
5. Cook on low for 2 hours, or until apples are fork tender. Remove apples from slow cooker. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes. #Dessert #RecipeTime #BakedApples #EatClean