Missing bagels for breakfast? Try these gluten-free Keto Bagels made with wholesome ingredients and tons of healthy fats.
• 1½ cups almond flour
• ¼ cup coconut flour
• 2 T psyllium husk or ground flax
• 4 large eggs, room temperature, divided
• 3 large egg whites, room temperature
• ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
• 3 T unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
• 1 T apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup boiling water
• 1 t baking powder
• ½ t baking soda
• ¼ t salt
• 1 T poppy seeds
• 1 t water
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the egg whites, three whole eggs, milk, apple cider vinegar, and coconut oil into a bowl and whisk together.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a spatula.
4. Add ¼ cup of boiling water and mix together. Keep mixing the ingredients until the water is absorbed. At first it will be very wet, but it will get absorbed as you mix.
5. Next divide the batter into eight even balls. The batter will be slightly loose.
6. Roll each ball out into a log by rolling gently with your fingers. Keep your hands wet during this process to help keep the batter together.
7. Transfer the logs to the prepared baking sheet. Pinch the ends together and gently flatten the dough with your hands into a bagel shape.
8. In a small ramekin, whisk together one whole egg with water. Brush the egg wash over each bagel, then sprinkle them with poppy seeds.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and let the bagels rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving and enjoying.
#ketogenic #bagels #bagellover #ketobagels #paleobagels #paleohacks #grainfree