There were 3 Mesker brothers. Two of them, Frank & Ben, owned Mesker Brothers Iron Co. in St. Louis. The third brother, George, started G.L. Mesker & Co. Ironworks in Evansville, IA. They were competing companies that made storefront facades from 1879-1953 and were sold from catalogs. The companies also produced tin ceilings, iron railings, stairs, roof cresting, ventilation grates, iron awnings, skylights, and freight elevators. This logo was found in Statesville, NC on the Sloan Hardware Store ca. 1880.