- CREDIT: (@321fact) Follow for more!💡(@recent.news)
- Read more below⬇️
Posting to Facebook, she told how she was sitting at home with a "popular" electric diffuser on and an open fire roaring having decided to not go outside.
She said: "I walked over to the diffuser and held the button down for a number of seconds (as this is the way to shut it off). "In the process of turning the appliance off, some of the vapor from the diffuser must have sprayed onto my face. "But I didn’t think anything of this. Whilst I was somewhat aware of the danger of getting essential oils directly on my skin, I was unaware that the vaporised 'diluted' oil from my diffuser could also be dangerous." The 24-year-old Londoner told how later in the night she got up to put a log on the fire when she suddenly felt a stinging sensation on her face.
The pain continued to grow but after following medical advice from a 111 operator, Emily soaked her face in cold water before heading to bed and taking painkillers during the night.
But the next morning she woke up with a burning sensation face to her face after symptoms worsened overnight and was quickly rushed to A&E.
Emily posted on Facebook: "I looked into the mirror and didn’t recognise myself. "My face had swollen, my eyes were blurred and continually watering and my skin looked pus-y. "I’m extremely fortunate to have my sight at all, and lucky that the burn wasn’t worse."