You won’t believe how moist this chocolate avocado cake is! Avocado is the healthy fat I used & I challenge you or others taste the avocado 🥑 it’s absolutely delish! See recipe below - give it a try!!
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE AVOCADO CAKE
prep time 10 MINS
cook time 45 -60 MINS
total time 75 MINS
This soft and moist avocado cake is made with no butter, shortening or margarine. Instead, it's made with avocado puree, making it slightly healthy.
Avocado chocolate cake batter
· 2¼ cups cake flour (1 cup plain flour & tbsp. cornflour = 1 cup cake flour)
· 1 cup Sugar
· 1 cup Almond Milk 1 tbsp vinegar leave for 5-10 mins to curdle (buttermilk substitute)
· 3/4 cup Pure cocoa powder
· 1 1/2 Ripe avocados Pureed into a smooth paste without lumps
· 2 Eggs
· 2 tbsp Coconut oil
· 1½ tsp Baking powder
· 1 tsp Baking soda
· 1 tbsp Vanilla extract 1 cup strong black coffee
120g frozen raspberries defrosted
100g 90% Dark chocolate
100ml coconut cream
2 tbsp rice malt syrup for sweetness or to taste
Place ingredients in microwavable bowl, melt in 45 second bursts & mix.
1. In a mixing bowl, add the avocado puree, coconut oil, and sugar and mix everything until smooth.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, while continuing to mix.
3. Add almond milk (buttermilk) and vanilla extract and mix again.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cocoa and baking soda.
5. Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Your avocado cake batter is ready
6. Now, pour the avocado cake batter into two loaf pans or round cake tin (Dimensions: 8x4). Spread the batter with a knife if necessary and add raspberries on top gently mix into top of cake batter.
7. Bake at 160 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. When cool drizzle with ganache. Enjoy!
#vegetarian #avocadocake #delicious #simple #strong #beyourownpower #jodysbakehouse #healthyfood #healthylifestyle #livewell #indulge @f45_epping 💪🏻