HELLO. As I’m sitting on set 🎬 - let me address something.... SITTING IS THE NEW SMOKING
People who sit the most have 50% higher risk of all cause death. People who sit more than eight hours a day, have a 90% increase risk of type-2 diabetes.
If we work a job, like most normal people, squeezing in 10,000 steps a day and finding ways not to sit is easier said than done. Here are some ideas that will help:
1. Use an activity band - set a reminder so that you remember to stand up every 30 minutes
2. For every hour you spend sitting do 50 jumping jacks
3. Find creative ways to go outside - take calls, scheduled meetings or do anything possible outside. Do a walking meeting indoors if the weathers bad.
4. Walk or bike to work.
5. Use the stairs whenever possible.
6. Park further away from places than you usually would.
Now who’s up for a walk or run?!? anyone?!