This is the grand opening of the St. Mary's Assyrian Apostolic Church of Antioch in 1927, in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The church went through various changes. The name of the church has changed numerous times since its establishment. The name of the church changed from Assyrian Apostolic Church of Antioch into the Assyrian Orthodox Church of Antioch. In the last change the Assyrian name was removed and since then the church is called the St. Mary's Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch.
On the right side of the picture you can see the old Assyrian flag(commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Old_Assyrian_Flag.svg). On the top left of the first layer, the three white stars represented the three main Churches of the Assyrian people: Church of the East, Chaldean Catholic Church, and Syriac Orthodox Church (it was also used by members of the Syriac Catholic Church). This flag was used during delegation meetings with Assyrian politicians and Western powers during and post World War I. The flag was used until the current design was established. The flag was created by the Assyrian community of Tur Abdin.
The first recorded Assyrian music in Syriac language is 100 years old: "Assyrian Records" - "ܪܝܩܘܪ̈ܕܐ ܕܣܘܪ̈ܝܝܐ". The couple Joseph Yonan (1893-1981) and Anna Yonan (1897-1979) recorded in 1917 the first known Assyrian music with Syriac lyrics. They recorded at least eight songs on four records. Source: Music heritage of Mesopotamia
An Assyrian letter sent to Sam Samuel from Abdelnur Samuel in 1953. Assyrians kept in close contact with relatives around the world. Notice the sender's address: Assyrian Orthodox Church, P.O. Box 82, Bethlehem, Jordan.
Source: Assyrians of Eastern Massachusetts by Sargon Donabed and Ninos Donabed
A certificate from 1920-1921 of the Assyrian school (ܡܕܪܫܬܐ ܕܐܬܘܪ̈ܝܐ / "Madrashto d'Othuroye) in Adana, written in French and Syriac. There was a schol in the Syriac Orthodox Church in Adana since 1914. In 1919 the first Assyrian orphanage opened and the school activities were moved to the orphanage called "Beth Yatme d'Othuroye b'Qiliqiya" (ܒܝܬ ܝܬܡܐ ܕܐܬܘܪ̈ܝܐ ܒܩܝܠܝܩܝܐ). The children were taught several subjects like Classical Syriac (declared in the certificate as: "Assyrienne"/"ܣܘܪܝܝܐ ܩܪܝܢܐ" ["Suryoyo qeryono"]). The school was closed in 1921 by Turkish authorities and moved to Beirut, Lebanon.