Today is one of Jujubee's big medication days. As you know, we are battling an infection in his eye duct that flows thru his sinus area.
1. I numb his eye so he's more comfortable.
2. I lay him on his side on my lap so his nose is towards the ground.
3. Using a 'wobbly needle' and saline, I flush his eye duct out so that any gunk comes out. It's a bit gross, sometimes he sneezes gunk on me, it washes back out the duct or it's just flows out his nose. Seriously gross huh?!
4. I repeat the above until saline flows clear.
5. Add some antibiotic gel into his eye duct and quickly get some pain relief in him. Putting the gel in is quite painful until it settles in his duct.
6. Quick antibiotic injection.
7. Kiss on the head and a big yummy treat for being a good boy!
This whole process can take 30 mins to do.
This bunny is the bravest, strongest, most resilient little soul. I honestly can't believe that he puts up with this, and has done for 10 months.
We don't know how he got this infection. He's completely indoors at all times. But what I suspect is that when his immune system was low and trying to battle his pneumonia last year, he became susceptible to everything, and this eye infection got in. We are definitely beating #angryeye. Now that we are on the tail end of the infection, I'm extra thorough with each clean. I don't want to give angry eye any room to set up shop elsewhere in his sinus area.
Thank you everyone for always encouraging us to keep fighting. You're all amazing friends. #bravebunny