How's your sleep? It's almost impossible for me to be proactive when I'm not getting proper sleep. Turns out sleep is the ultimate biohack for anti-aging, mental cognition, hormonal balance and much more. Here are some tips to optimize your sleep:
- Address sinus congestion/snoring. This should be the first thing you should try before any kind of supplement or sleep tracking device. Snoring can be serious and can lead to obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) which can snowball into neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s. Try these sinus busting remedies:
- Cut out all the foods, drinks, and substances that caused sinus congestion. Sugar/refined carbs, wine/alcohol, dairy, allergens, smoke, drugs, pollutants, etc. - Eat two heaping tablespoons of ginger+ACV every night before bed. “... gingerol is a natural anti-inflammatory that relieves swollen nasal membranes. Studies have shown that one of the gingerols also suppresses mucus production, helping relieve your stuffy head, according to the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine.”
- Get rid of excess weight through a steady dose of proper nutrition and CrossFit/HIIT workouts.
- For those of you without someone to tell you if you snore or grind, there’s an app called Do I Snore or Grind. "This app will record snoring and grinding sounds made during your sleep, you can listen to them the next morning. An algorithm filters and detects the teeth grinding and snoring sounds."
- Get blackout curtains. Once I finally got my room as dark as possible and powered down all electronics, I found that I could sleep 80% better and almost all the way through the night. Now when I get up to pee, I can at least crawl back into bed and pass out again in a less than a minute.
- Turns out you can gain weight just by having too much light in your bedroom!
- Not eating a heavy meal 2-3 hours before bed.
Peace, love, and 90-min cycles of sleep.
#sleep #cycles #biohacktheworld #melatonin #snoring #ginger #sinuscongestion #Alzheimers #hacks