No flour, no refined sugar, no self-control because I will eat ALL THE COOKIES! These almond butter, dark chocolate cookies are the perfect chewy cookie treat. Recipe below. .
Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Cookies
(makes 8 - 10 large cookies)
1 cup almond butter
¾ cup coconut sugar (or other sugar)
1 egg + 1 yolk
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
Optional: flaky sea salt .
1. Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the egg and yolk, set aside.
3. Mix the almond butter, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt together until well combined.
5. Stir in the eggs until fully combine.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Using a large disher, place slightly flattened balls onto cookie sheet and bake 9 - 11 minutes. These spread out a bit so make sure they have some space.
8. Cool for at least 3 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. You can also sprinkle some flaky sea salt on these cookies as they cool, be careful because you don’t need a lot.
9. Try not to eat them all in one sitting, enjoy!