Some days ago I asked on my stories which kind of tutorial you want to see here on Instagram! Many of you want short video tutorials but also WiP with explanations! So here we go with the first ✂️TUTORIAL ✂️ of 2018: Ahsoka Bracers and Hand Plates (Star Wars Rebels version). First of all, the material: I decided to use PVC/Sintra/Forex (it has many different names lol) because it's one of my fav materials, it's smooth, easy to prime and the result for this kind of armor is always great!
1. Make the patterns! I don't use any program, I just kinda know how certain shapes work. The bracers were simple, very basic. The hand
plates were a pain in the ass xD I'm still not very satisfied with the shape but it actually change from frame to frame SO, I based it on the official character design picture, starting from drawing my hand on a paper sheet.
2. DREMEL THE EDGES! That's very important when you work with pvc because when you don't do it, it just looks like a piece of plastic. It's a very important step to give life to the armor! After, I always use sandpaper.
3. Added details with a soldering iron and then sanded again, the pieces are ready to be thermoformed. For basic bracers like these
I always use a bottle (that has pretty much my arm circumference) as a base.
4. Usually I give a black first coat before painting but this time I decided to give a silver base and fix it with a transparent coat. You'll see why!
5. PAINTJOB: As for the shapes, the color of this armor always change so I just tried to mix. Had to make stencils too!
6. Here you can see the difference betweet 2 pieces with and without weathering! The silver base I made helped a lot to give it a consumed look, because what you have to do is to scratch a bit the surface (with scissors or something similar) and add some dirt with dark grey and brown paint. Attach the details, Final transparent coat and it's done!
In the last 2 pictures you can see some details better and the pieces finished!
If you have any question please comment! I'm always up to help <3
#cosplay #cosplaymaking #workinprogress #diy #ahsokatano #starwarsrebels #propmaking #armor #tutorial #craftyourfandom #cosplaywip