Yes, yes, literally everyone is doing one of these, I know. I usually don't follow trends like this, but this seemed like a lot of fun. It's fascinating to see how certain albums have impacted a person's life, no matter the quality of the music. This is the highest endorsement I can give these albums, so if that doesn't convince you to check out at least ONE record, I don't know what will. So, without further ado, here are the nine albums that changed my life, one way or another! 💜💖 In no particular order... 1) Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights. For me, this is THE album. Never listened to rock music the same way since.
2) DJ Shadow - Endtroducing... While not my first introduction to hip hop, it was my first true love. 16 year old me = mind blown.
3) Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz. One of my most beloved musicians, and this is my favourite record of his. Indie electronic, perfected.
4) GY!BE - Lift Your Skinny Fists. One of the grandest musical experiences I've ever had. And that has yet to be challenged.
5) Women - Public Strain. A very strange, unique album. One filled with raw pain and vague beauty. Nothing comes close to the emotions I feel when listening to this.
6) Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit. Before this album, screamed vocals were a no-go zone for me. So in a way, this album stopped me from being a pussy wimp. I'm forever thankful.
7) Pink Floyd - The Wall. My biggest musical obsession during my teenage years. And, strangely, helped reignite my love for writing.
8) Tim Hecker - Virgins. My first foray into drone/ambient. If the apocalypse was an ambient album, this would be it.
9) David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust. My first love, my first vinyl, my idol forever and always.
What are the nine albums that changed YOUR life? Join in on the fun!
#vinyl #records #vinylcollector #recordcollector #instavinyl #instamusic #vinylgram #recordcollection #vinyladdict #vinyljunkie #12inch #musiconvinyl #vinylcollection #newvinyl #nowlistening #vinylcommunity #vinyloftheday #ninealbumsthatchangedyourlife #favouritealbums #bestmusic #gybe #sufjanstevens #davidbowie #timhecker #women #interpol #djshadow #pinkfloyd #agalloch