Quick test fit!! Still gotta style the wig, and debating on remaking the tie!
Got tagged by @oh_hai_bonzai and @pixydi for 10 random facts:
1. I learned how to sew when I was 24/25, like really learned. Before that I had a sewing machine that I used to make quilt blocks maybe once or twice but otherwise it sat there dusty. .
2. The first time I wore contacts was Dec 2016. Before that I was so terrified of touching my eye that Josh would have to hold me down and waste half a bottle getting one drop in my eye. You know Rachel from Friends? That was me. .
3. I avoided wigs until 2017. I had attempted several and failed miserably early on so I gave up on them choosing to either commission or only cosplay characters with simple hair. Ann and Lunafreya helped me overcome it and face my fears. .
4. I had very minor cosplay makeup skills until last year. My resolution for cosplay was to get better at make up last year. Before I did simple one look fits all makeup, last year I invested in more makeup, more brushes, tutorials. I learned how to contour, use eyelid tape and looks for different types of characters.
5. Final Fantasy 8 was my first Final Fantasy. Quistis and Laguna were my favorite, Quetzalcoatl and Shiva were my favorite summons, Don't Be Afraid is still one of my favorite game themes. GF summon boost still gives me palpitations.
6. Final Fantasy XIII is my favorite game and means the most to me. It came out and I played it when I was on bedrest from an operation and in a very bad place in my life. Lightning's weaknesses and strength helped me get out of that bad place. A story about defying your fate and fighting to change the role you've been given was what I needed to hear and helped saved my life. .
7. I was a Literature major, but dropped out with one year/semester left. It took me five years to go back to school, now for Interior Design. My ultimate goal is to get my Ph.D in literature. I am a passionate lover of stories, and believe in how they change the world and effect us. .
Ran out of room! I will post the last Monday! .
#shigatsuwakiminouso #yourlieinaprilcosplay #yourlieinapril #miyazonokaori #sewing #instacosplay #cosplaygirl