Aside from really loving the songs on Jack White's Lazaretto, the vinyl is rightfully dubbed an "Ultra LP" for all its proverbial bells and whistles:
1. Side A features a spinning angel in the dead wax area, hand-carved by Tristan Duke (visible only when a light is shining on it from a specific angle).
2. Side A plays from the inside out.
3. The opening song on Side B "Just One Drink" has both an acoustic and electric intro. The one you hear is dependent on where you drop the needle.
4. Both sides utilise locked grooves.
5. There are two hidden tracks, which can be played through the centre label on each side. On Side A the track plays at 78 RPM, on Side B it plays at 45 RPM, effectively making this a three-speed LP.
6. Side A uses a gloss finish, while Side B uses a matte finish (resembling an unplayed 78 RPM record).
7. The vinyl is pressed in a flat-edged format.
8. Some of the mixes used on the vinyl differ from the digital releases.
9. The tracks on vinyl use a different sequence than digital or CD formats.
10. The LP was mastered tape-to-tape with no compression.
#jackwhite #lazaretto #threewomen #redblondeandbrunette #tristanduke #vinyl #record #ultralp #audiophile #audiotechnica