Had a great 2017 , and already looking forward to working harder in 2018. Like every year, it came with ups and downs. More ups, less downs, and overall personal and professional growth. Here are some notes.
1. Nisha and I brought our baby girl Naya into the world. She changed our lives forever.
2. I quit smoking cigarettes (for real this time)
3. We launched @djusadesign and handled 80 events since opening up in June.
4. I teamed up with @djmistercee to launch the first ever Desi playlist on @tidal ! This was major for the entire community. Our community will continue to rise in 2018, I’ll continue to be on the forefront of that.
5. @djusaevents handled 500 events and grew revenues by 10 percent (for the 6th consecutive year)
6. @djusaevents successfully co-produced activations for @footlocker, @nike, @adidas, @newbalance, @puma, @underarmour, @thenorthface, @reebok and @asics all within 2017. That was a first for us.
7. I finally got back in the studio with my brother @cookedbyraj ... the cooking continues. Slow simmer.
8. Tightened up the inner circle and started building the best office team I’ve had to date. Thanks to my daily office squad @nisha1218 (home boss) , @djjuicy , @erikaellisabeth , @djavipst , @rohitsharmamusic , @_ramon_cabrera_ , @djuzinyc , @designmajorz , @ajt6 ... I can’t do my job without you.
9. I broke my foot and was diagnosed with chronic tendonosis ... been in major pain since June. I was in PT for 4 months. I’m almost 100 percent. Never stopped working, never complained (a little bit but not really).
10. I put on 15 pounds ... not tripping , going to lose that fast and be in the best shape of my life in 365 days.
I am standing under this street sign because I believe anything is possible if you work hard in this country. Don’t matter who is in charge , be in charge of your own life and continue to trust your process. This street is a real place somewhere in America. Have a safe and blessed 2018. #trustsharad