For those of you following along with this, here is an #update!
Background: I have spent the last three years on a LOW FAT, high protein, and moderate carbs diet. I lost 130lbs with this macro ratio and my lowest #weight was in #contest #prep at 145lbs. I lift weights 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule. Not overly enthused on the cardio game but I try! My “maintenance” weight has always been around 155lbs.
Nine days ago on a Monday, @mrscobbler714 and I decided to go all-in #keto. I have always poo-pooed this method because of the extreme drop in carbs and because I’m a weight lifter I firmly believe in the #power of carbs! But, in March I was at 165lbs; I did a mini-cut and dropped to 160lbs. Day one of keto I was still 160lbs.
My daily #keto #macros are: 25g NET #carbs, 116g #fat, and 100g of #protein. 😫
I have been #consistent all week with near perfect macros. I have drank at least 120oz of #water a day. The result is that in 8 days I have lost 7lbs.
Other fun facts:
• I had a metallic taste in my mouth for about three days when I first entered #ketosis.
• I entered ketosis on day 2 (confirmed via test strips).
• I have not been in the mood or motivated to work out at all.
• When I do work out, I am noticeably more tired and cannot quite get #pumped.
• On day 3, 4 and 5 I had strange chest pressure and breathing difficulty that felt very similar to anxiety. It has since passed for the most part.
• Craving #chocolate so bad.
• Definite impact on 💩 schedule. No activity for 4.5 days this week and then some relief. Weird!
👍🏻👍🏻More side by sides in the story.👍🏻👍🏻
I plan to complete one full month of keto and see where I end up. Hopefully with the first week out of the way with all the adjustments it’ll be smooth sailing from here!