People often come in to the gym because they want to lose weight. They hop on a treadmill, maybe hit the sauna, perhaps lifting a couple dumbbells or trying a machine out- all because being comfortable with and in your body does not mean you can’t strive and WORK for a healthier body. One way to actually lose fat mass is to lift weights 🏋🏻♀️ Here are some things to consider about starting a fitness program:
1. Losing fat and weight are two different things. You can be skinny and still have a high body fat%, you can be curvy and have a lower body fat %; the goal is to find YOUR healthy body composition.
2. Weight lifting burns more calories than cardio alone, and
3. With the right technique and program, you have the power to gain new physical abilities, more endurance for your daily life, and a healthier sleep pattern
4. There is not an ideal body type, but there is a healthy standard of body composition (lean mass to fat mass) because excess adipose tissue (aka fat cells) in our bodies leads to a number of highly undesirable diseases and medical conditions like #heartdisease #diabetes & #highcholesterol and YOU have the power to reverse or prevent them!
5. You can still love yourself while you are working on yourself! ❤️working out regularly will make you stronger, happier, more energized, and you’ll be so proud of the progress you’ll make!
If you are still making it through @rosecitywellnessweek come down to any of the #24hourfitness gyms in town! We have a great team of trainers ready to give you a free 30 minute session today from 8-2. Whatever your goal is, we can help #mobility #strengthgain #weightloss #toning #performance #sports
#pdxfitness #pdxworkout #portlandoregon #pdx #oregon #portland #pdxgym #trainingday